Its been a while!!!! I haven’t written mainly because I haven’t really had anything to write about. Oh well. Today I did the ultimate adulting…Paid a lot of bills. The main bill was rent which is basically like giving away my kidneys and part of a lung and a rib or two. I remember when I was little I wanted to grow up and I wanted bills so I could feel “important”. I was a weird kid. I was also that kid that wanted freckles and wrinkles in my forehead and for my ankles to pop when I walked. I was not lying when I said I was a weird kid. HAHAHA!!!! I thought growing up and adulting would be all the rage!!!! Do you know what my fun adulting consist of??? Oh its not what my 8 year old self considered fun at all.
- Canceled plans: As a kid, I wanted to be wherever there was action. Even though I was extremely shy and liked to blend in, I still wanted to be around EVERYTHING!!!! I wanted to play all the time and hang with my friends and be with the grown folks and blah blah blah. I hated when fun plans got canceled HATED IT!!! NOW: I happy dance my ass off when plans get canceled!!!! “Oh wait… you cant go?? Bummer… NOT” I change right out of those fancy clothes and into my 20 year old sweat pants, flop on the couch and watch every dopey movie I can get my hands on.
- Hair: Y’all I loved getting my hair done!!! I loved having a fresh hair do for school or church or just to go out and play. Learning how to use the crimping iron and curling iron were LIFE!!!! NOW: You cant PAY ME to comb my hair!!! I dread it!!! Do you know how many times I have gone out with my hair all kinds of raggedy?!?!?! Too many times to count and I have NO SHAME!!!! My mom cringes every time “Did you run a comb through your fro??” My answer is always “NOPE” and I can see her shudder. If we are on the phone, I can feel her shudder. I comb through this mass of hair once a week. Its always on a Sunday because thats wash day and wash day consists of me deep conditioning and twisting my hair up to last the work week
- Dressing up: OOOHHHHH MAAAAH GAHHHH!!!! When I was little I was as girly as they came. The pinker and fluffier the dress the better!!!! The more ruffles ***swoon*** NOW: HELL NO!!!! Im not dressing up unless I HAVE TO!!! I am more happy in my sweatpants, raggedy shirt and socks. Ruffles and flair?? FO WHAT?!?!?!?!
Its the little things that make me super duper happy!!! As I kid you want all the big glitz and glam and all of the hoorah. That all changes when you age!!
1`. New toys that whistle and make noise = happy squeal getting a brand spanking new spiral notebook to journal in.
2.Birthday parties galore = newest cheesy hallmark movie and being left the hell alone
3. New school clothes = new tights and shirts for the gym
4. Chucky Cheese = Donut shop or Shake Shack… Im not picky.
5. Wanting EVERYONE to like you = Not giving two shits about who likes you. 2 good friends is all you need.
6. All of the noise = AAAAAALLLL of the peace and quiet.
See how adulting wants are totally different from childing wants?????? ITS FREAKING AMAZING!!!!